WE THINK YOU’LL LIKE WORKING HERE!
There’s a lot to love about working with us. Self-motivated people thrive in our energetic creative atmosphere, because their idea could be the next great innovation. We’re always looking for enterprising employees, contact us today!
STEM Education Works creates and sells STEM curriculum and accompanying robotics and equipment to help schools deliver quality STEM Education.
SDI Innovations realized there was a need for easy-to-teach, interactive and fun STEM programs that came with a focused and adaptable curriculum. STEM Education Works’ curriculum was created in partnership with Purdue University and has combined standards-aligned STEM curriculum with high-quality robotics to empower students in grades 6 to 12. The teacher-designed, industry-aligned curriculum delivers authentic learning opportunities to students, bridging the gap between student outcomes and workforce development needs.
STEM Account Manager – STEM Education Works
Lafayette, IN or Remote
STEM Education Works is an education technology and curriculum start-up in Lafayette, Indiana. We are on a mission to put best in class STEM resources in the hands of every single student and teacher across the country. We work directly with schools, teachers, and educational organizations to provide hands-on learning experiences to prepare students for the future of work.
In order to support our rapid growth, STEM Education Works is expanding its national sales team in the K-12 school market. As a STEM Account Manager, you will partner with new and existing education customers to address their most critical needs. You will be responsible for building, establishing, and maintaining customer relationships to grow sales. At STEM Education Works we listen first because we want to help our customers win! By becoming a true partner
to your customers, you’ll identify opportunities for account retention and growth.
You will be responsible for doing what is right for both your customers and your teammates. We firmly believe that relationships are key to connecting with others and finding solutions to their needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Achieve and exceed goals by prospecting, researching, and delivering a sales pipeline.
- Actively build a pipeline of interested schools and education organizations, through various forms of outreach and converting those opportunities to active customers in their region.
- Understand and present STEM Education Works’ capabilities, products, services, and overall value proposition to new and existing clients.
- Work closely with other key internal stake such as Marketing, Customer Success, and Product Development, to deliver key customer insights.
- Be a trusted consultant to customers by providing support, information and guidance while recommending new opportunities for expansion.
- Maintain accurate pipeline and customer records at all times.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of all products and service options.
- Provide feedback on existing products and curriculum.
- Attend conferences and interact with conference attendees in the STEM Education Works exhibitor booth.
- 25% or more travel may be required
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sales experience
- Passion for technology and education
- Strong self-initiative
- Solid sales and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional listening skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong computer skills and a willingness to learn and grow
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Matching Program
- Paid Holidays
- PTO (Personal Time Off)
- On-Site Workout Facility
- Annual Bonus Opportunities
- Ongoing Training
- Employee Recognition Program
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.