WE THINK YOU’LL LIKE WORKING HERE!
There’s a lot to love about working with us. Self-motivated people thrive in our energetic creative atmosphere, because their idea could be the next great innovation. We’re always looking for enterprising employees, contact us today!
STEM Education Works creates and sells STEM curriculum and accompanying robotics and equipment to help schools deliver quality STEM Education.
SDI Innovations realized there was a need for easy-to-teach, interactive and fun STEM programs that came with a focused and adaptable curriculum. STEM Education Works’ curriculum was created in partnership with Purdue University and has combined standards-aligned STEM curriculum with high-quality robotics to empower students in grades 6 to 12. The teacher-designed, industry-aligned curriculum delivers authentic learning opportunities to students, bridging the gap between student outcomes and workforce development needs.
Production Assistant Intern – STEM Education Works
STEM Education Works is an education technology and curriculum start-up in Lafayette, Indiana, with the mission to put best-in-class STEM resources in the hands of every student and teacher across the country.
As we continue to grow and scale our business, we’re looking for a Production Assistant Intern as we work to equip every school with the hands-on learning opportunities needed to prepare students for the future workforce.
In this assignment you will perform a wide variety of tasks to ensure a timely flow of production and STEM kit assembly activities. You will also have the opportunity to assist in the design of an inventory system for a new kitting production line.
- Design procedures for kitting process and coordinate operations.
- Maximize productivity of quality products while minimizing costs.
- Ensure that all processes are being followed in the completion of work tasks.
- Audit work processes and products to confirm production specifications are met.
- Coordinate assigned operations and stocking of supplies and raw materials.
- Maintain and update daily production records and produce reports as necessary.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task in diverse, fast-paced work environment
- Desire to work in a start-up environment
- Advanced Excel skills to help analyze and organize data
Hours: 20-30 hours per week