WE THINK YOU’LL LIKE WORKING HERE!
There’s a lot to love about working with us. Self-motivated people thrive in our energetic creative atmosphere, because their idea could be the next great innovation. We’re always looking for enterprising employees, contact us today!
As the parent company, SDI Innovations powers multiple brands and companies. From academic planners for School Datebooks, to specialty products for sale on Amazon, to custom publications for the ag industry, to digital scheduling and spirit apparel for schools, to STEM robotics and curriculum… SDI Innovations drives them all.
BINDERY MANAGER- SDI Innovations
SDI Innovations is in search of an experienced Bindery Manager in Lafayette, Indiana. The candidate should have knowledge of mechanical binding equipment including, cutting, punching, and wire and plastic coil binding. The Bindery Manager will have direct supervision over all bindery personnel and equipment and will be asked to coordinate with an internal digital print department as well as shipping and fulfillment.
The Bindery Manager will supervise full-time staff, seasonal, and temporary employees while also interacting with all departments in the company. As a working supervisor, the Bindery Manager must be able to run machines as needed, while also identifying and coordinating employee training and development needs; bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
A person who is a creative problem solver, focused on efficiency, who can communicate professionally will excel in this position. Experience implementing improvements to established workflows is preferred.
Other job responsibilities and required skills include:
- Have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to coordinate and oversee equipment maintenance schedules.
- Assign projects and monitor production through all post print operations to reduce waste and improve productivity.
- Relentless focus on efficiency. (Background in Lean manufacturing a plus)
- Creative thinker with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail regarding inventory control.
- Ability to assist in external supply chain management.
- This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer
Interested candidates should apply using the form below: